June 25th, 2015
Here at Articles of Style, we don’t want you to buy more clothes. We want you to buy the right clothes, so you can look great and get the most out of your investments. A smart wardrobe is one that is built around versatility and longevity. Ideally, the majority of the pieces can be mixed-and-matched to create different outfits for different occasions.
To illustrate this point, here’s the fifth installment in our “Capsule Wardrobe” series, where we give an example of a smart wardrobe built around, what else, a tailored suit in a seasonal fabric. Here’s 10 pieces (with a couple accessories) to make 5 different outfits for 5 different occasions.
The 10 Pieces
- One khaki cotton suit
- One unlined cotton topcoat
- One tattersall shirt
- One navy knit tie
- One vintage denim shirt
- One striped crewneck cotton sweater
- One pair of forest green chinos
- One heather grey jersey cotton scarf
- One pair of chocolate brown leather wingtips
- One pair of cognac kiltie loafers
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,