Grey & Brown
December 5th, 2014
One of my favorite color combos is grey and brown. It’s simple, masculine and understated. It also works anytime of year, regardless of season or weather.
Medium grey. Chocolate brown. Here’s some examples.
A medium grey suit is a business staple that can be very unassuming and versatile. When tailored to the nines, however, it can also be a real show-stopper, like this two-by-one beauty by Alexander Nash.
The chocolate silk tie and the burnished crocodile lace-ups add a certain richness to the look that you don’t get with navy or black.
- Bespoke suit by Alexander Nash
- White Italian Collar Shirt
- Brown striped tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label
- Crocodile captoe lace-ups by Scarpe di Bianco
You gotta love southern California, where getting ready for winter means layering a merino v-neck under a linen suit. The chocolate linen suit is one of my all-time favorites since it’s so easy to dress down. Just the other day I wore it with a t-shirt and sneakers.
A grey wool sock completes the color story and balances out the weight of the sweater.
Things you won’t regret adding to your wardrobe:
- A brown fur felt fedora (preferably one that is packable)
- Medium Grey slim-fit selvedge denim
- Brown suede captoe brogue boots
As always, you can find additional looks featuring these items by using our Style Guide.
- Brown felt hat by Borsalino
- Grey stripe polo shirt by Uniqlo x Michael Bastian
- Grey jeans by Red Cotton Denim
- Brown suede Ring belt by Brooks Brothers
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic
- Brown cashmere sweater Vintage No Tag
- Chocolate suede captoe boots by Johnston & Murphy
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,