Brown & Purple
September 8th, 2013
Thinking about color combos this Fall?
I’ve been rocking plenty of browns and purples together lately.
Here’s some examples.
A trench, like a topcoat, can fit a hair snug over a suit jacket. That way it will still look slim and fitted over thinner layers.
A bold suit like this one (as feature Here in one of the site’s first posts including photography) is best paired with neutral classics like a pale blue shirt, solid dark tie and brown wingtips.
A deep purple against a chocolate linen for a crisp summer look at the office.
Gingham shirts and silk knit ties aren’t strictly for summer. Try them in a fall color palette and don’t be afraid to mix them with colder-weather fabrics like fair isle and tweed to make an interesting, fall-appropriate look.
Yes, you can wear a suit jacket as a blazer. The only real difference is not wearing matching pants.
Brown is an often forgotten color. That is what I love about it. Although many men shy away from it, brown is masculine, conservative, looks great on a wide range of skin tones, combines well with many colors, and offers an awesome tonal play with khaki pants.
- Brown cotton/silk suit jacket by Hugo Boss
- Brown suede captoe lace-ups by To Boot NY
- Khaki cotton chinos by Ralph Lauren Polo
- Purple shirt with grey windowpane
- Nato Striped grosgrain watch strap by Corvus
- Tortoiseshell aviator sunglasses by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Vintage paisley pocket square
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.