What I Wore Today: Casual Tailoring
November 2nd, 2016
Rule #1 of Articles of Style: bring your “A Game” every day!
Use the comments section below to tell us who’s style you’re appreciating today.
“I’ve been living in this olive cotton/cashmere fabric this Fall. It’s a sturdy moleskin, known as ‘Winter Cotton’ by Ariston, and it’s already starting to mold to my body and show some great character.”
- Olive Cotton/Cashmere Moleskin suit by Articles of Style
- Brown Gingham Shirt by Articles of Style
- Fair isle knit scarf by Ralph Lauren
- Brown woven leather gloves by Hilts and Willard
- Brown canvas duffle bag by Jack Spade
- Suede Chelsea Boots by Allen Edmonds
“I’m always sampling new garments/techniques and trying to stay innovative within the ‘classic menswear’ space. One thing I’ve been experimenting with is shirts made from lightweight suiting fabrics. For example, this band collar shirt is cut from our 4-Season Navy Herringbone Wool milled by Vitale Barberis, and it’s incredible. More on this later… #Movember”
- Arctic Coast Tweed Coat by Articles of Style
- Navy herringbone worsted band collar shirt by Articles of Style
- Snowflake Herringbone Flannel Trouser by Articles of Style
- Black leather penny loafers by Bass Weejun
“I love to take a really luxe piece, like this cashmere double-breasted overcoat, and layer it with a more casual piece, like this denim zip-up ‘shacket’. I used to layer more with my vintage denim jacket, but this piece is thinner and easier to sneak under tailored outerwear.”
- Pure cashmere overcoat bespoke sample
- Denim zip-front jacket by Club Monaco
- Grey scoop neck t-shirt by Alexander Wang
- Black waxed jeans by Nudie Jeans
- Black snake-embossed calfskin chukka boots by Amsterdam Shoe Co.
Thanks, as always, for reading. You can learn more about the AoS team here.
Yours in style,