WIWT: Winter Weights
December 19th, 2013
Articles of Style rule #1: Always bring your ‘A’ game.
Use the comment section below to tell us which is your favorite outfit and why!
Photography shot with the Canon EOS 70D digital SLR camera, with Dual Pixel AF technology and built-in Wi-Fi
“It’s starting to get chilly here in NYC, time to bust out the peacoat. This one originally came with cheap plastic buttons, I switched them to gold naval ones and it really made this old coat feel brand new.
It’s also just long enough to serve as an overcoat over this grey/burgundy windowpane suit.”
“I just scooped this vintage parka last month before it got really cold here in NYC.
Considering it’s in brand new condition, other than that thrift store smell, I’d say this is one of my most valuable pick ups in a long time.”
“I picked up this heavy knit sweater at the Gant Rugger sample sale the other day. Great steal.
I’ve also been getting a lot of use out of these moleskin cargo pants, especially when I’m out photographing upcoming features in NYC.”
“The kiltie on these boots actually ripped. Although I miss having them, the boots look great without them.”
- Forrest green parka jacket Vintage
- Navy fisherman sweater by GANT Rugger
- Blue Denim Shirt Vintage
- Moleskin brown cargos by GANT
- Brown leather delancy boot by Ronnie Fieg x Sebago
Alex has been nailing it with these minimal black & white looks lately.
Here he proves you can wear a shawl collar pullover under a slim tailored jacket. It’s a smooth way to get some more use out of that black suit we’ve been recommending.
Oxford, wool/mohair, cashmere. A smart F/W combo.
You already know Alex is all those dub monks and that frayed denim.
I’m traveling back to Canada for the Holidays, so I’m getting ready for that cold.
I packed these donegal tweed separates, this leather bomber and that fur scarf that my mom helped me make two Christmas’s ago (gotta show love).
The lifestyle in Southern California is unreal, but I do miss layering on cold weather clothing. Alex and I just booked another trip to NYC to visit the East Coast team and shoot some real winter content.
Again with those suede captoe boots by Johnston & Murphy that I’ve been telling you about.
- Men’s Earthkeepers Abington Leather Filed Coat by Timberland
- Tortoise shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Forest green donegal waistcoat by Michel Andrews Bespoke (Cloth by Ariston A 579/27)
- Green striped oxford shirt by Gitman Brothers
- Wool knit tie Vintage
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic
- Suede watch strap by Alpha Bravo Straps (etsy)
- Pleated forest green donegal tweed suit trousers by Michel Andrews Bespoke (Cloth by Ariston A 579/27)
- “Hutchins” captoe boots by Johnston & Murphy
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Articles of Style
Photography by Alex Crawford & Westley Dimagiba.