WIWT: East/West Winter
December 12th, 2013
Articles of Style rule #1: Always bring your ‘A’ game.
Use the comments section below to tell us which is your favorite look, and why!
Photography shot with the Canon EOS 70D digital SLR camera, with Dual Pixel AF technology and built-in Wi-Fi
“I’ve been an all black kick lately when it comes to going out for the night.
Black looks good on everyone…and throwing in one piece of color, like a grey DB jacket, can create a nice focused contrast.”
“There are some high-end options when it comes to gloves, but I stick with this $15 pair I found at Urban Outfitters. If I lose them in my drunken stupor I won’t be upset.”
“Get a pair of black loafers and keep them shined – you’ll find yourself wearing them very often.”
- Black chesterfield coat by Banana Republic
- Black inifinty scarf from “Friend”
- Grey double breasted suit jacket
- Black cashmere v-neck sweater by Uniqlo
- Black smartphone gloves by Urban Outfitters
- Black jeans by Club Monaco
- Black & grey socks by Marcoliani
- Black leather tassel loafers Vintage by Johnston & Murphy
Alex’s mixes high & low as well as dressy & casual with bespoke suit separates from MAB and a shawl cardigan from H&M.
Of course, sometimes we take inspiration from each other ;)
Great texture play here between the flannel fabric and the marled knit.
Alex has also been wearing these black double monks with just about everything…they always seem to complete his look.
- Sunglasses by Ray Ban
- Light Grey Wool Cardigan by H&M
- Striped Blue Shirt by Polo
- Black Leather Double Monkstraps by Just A Men Shoe
- Watch by Timex for JCrew
I would probably never wear a polo shirt with the collar popped, unless it’s under a sweater.
Something about having the collar up seems more functional – it actually does keep your neck warm from a cool breeze.
I’m really digging the suede shooting patch and elbow patches on this crewneck that’s been sitting at the back of my closet.
Another example of a tasteful mix of black & brown.
I really liked this sock & loafer combo from yesterday’s post, so I broke it out again today.
Beefy socks are a nice way to transition your chinos to Fall.
- Brown felt hat by Borsalino
- White Polo by J.Crew
- Suede trimmed sweater by Ralph Lauren
- Light grey cotton chinos
- Blue/grey marled socks by J.Crew
- Brown Suede Loafers by Ralph Lauren
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Articles of Style
Photography by Alex Crawford & Westley Dimagiba.