WIWT: For the Love of Tailoring
October 10th, 2013
Articles of Style rule #1: Always bring your A game.
Vote for your favorite outfit using the poll at the end of the post, and tell us why in the comments!
Alex continues to step up his game, with a kind of a Cuban inspired look today.
Panama hat, black peak-lapel mohair suit, khaki linen shirt, and sharp black/brown monks.
“I inherited this amazing hand made Hawaiian Panama Hat from my step-father a few years ago. I think moving to LA finally gave me the courage to actually wear it.”
“I am madly in love with these black double monks that I was blessed with by Just A Men Shoe. They are amazingly comfortable and look so dope!”
Wes has been on a windowpane kick lately. Keeping it extra tailored, and representing Articles of Style well.
What you know about windowpane on solid in the same color?
“Forgive the bags under my eyes… work hard, party harder.”
“These are my new favorite loafers. I missed borrowing Dan’s so much that I said f-ck it, I’ll just buy my own.
Shout out to Towni, feel better my dude!”
- Grey/navy windowpane jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Navy polka dot tie Vintage
- White dress shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Grey suit trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Navy birds eye pattern socks Passed down
- Tan burnished loafers by Ralph Lauren
Pulled out the beat-up vintage Levi’s 501s today. I love these things, and there’s something more natural about them on the West coast.
Keeping the upper body tailored in a green silk/cashmere herringbone jacket, brown seersucker waistcoat, and taupe glenplaid shirt.
With the weather in LA, I think I’ll be wearing my Spring/Summer fabrics long into the Fall.
Speaking of items I bought with my Esquire winnings, these Purple Label suede loafers were another one of those “lifetime” purchases.
- Tortoiseshell sunglasses by Persol
- Green herringbone silk/cashmere jacket (part of suit) by Michael Andrews Bespoke (cloth by Ariston)
- Brown seersucker waistcoat by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Taupe brown/grey check shirt by MAB
- Vintage yellow lace pocket square
- Vintage Blue Light Wash Jeans by Levi’s
- Suede loafers by Ralph Lauren
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Articles of Style
Photography by Alex Crawford & Westley Dimagiba.