A Sartorialist from Miami feat. Angel Ramos
January 11th, 2013
Miami has its own style, as does Angel Ramos – a fellow athlete, tailoring enthusiast and “Best Dressed Real Man” (Esquire, 2010).
“I’m just a kid from Brooklyn trying to inspire. I currently live in Miami and run my clothing company Angel Bespoke.
I like to take Miami’s color palette and infuse it with sartorial elegance. My goal is to embody a style that conveys classic Italian elegance mixed with the comfort and fun of a social outfit.”
Here Angel gives us a taste of his personal style.
1. Power Tailoring
“My clients often ask me if double breasted is back. A double breasted jacket is a staple in your closet if you take menswear seriously.
It’s such an elegant, yet powerful, piece.”
Although we shot this in NYC, the Miami flavor is evident – the bold tortoise eyewear, the colorful jeans, the slippers…
I love how Angel keeps it sharp and simple. He really conveys confidence.
“Pairing a navy jacket with orange, red, or yellow jeans and a pair of slippers is one of my trademark looks.”
2. Cashmere Rules Everything Around Me
“If you know me personally, you probably know that I’m in love with cashmere. This jacket is 93% cashmere and only 7 ounces in weight. It’s like wearing butter on your body.
I’m so passionate about this fabric that my clients tend to buy it based off my enthusiasm alone!”
Angel is a former athlete, and even though he recently lost 40lbs of muscle, he still knows how to complement his broad, muscular build. Spread collar, full cashmere tie, windsor knot, soft shoulders…the details set a man apart.
“I’ve always been a slipper fanatic and I’ve bought them from all kinds of different vendors. When I started my bespoke business, I was presented an opportunity to create my own private label slippers – that was a no brainer!”
- Tortoiseshell frames by See Eyewear
- Light blue custom cashmere sports jacket by Angel Bespoke
- White split collar dress shirt by Angel Bespoke
- Grey cashmere tie Handmade
- Navy suit trousers by Angel Bespoke
- Navy custom skull slippers by Angel Bespoke
3. Brown Around Town
“When I first saw this jacketing fabric (brown with a medium blue windowpane) I immediately knew what trousers needed to be paired with it.
Love seeing vibrant blues paired with neutral colors!”
Underrated detail: Angel’s eye glasses have transition lenses, making them shades when necessary.
Why carry a second pair of eyewear, especially when you have a trademark pair?
So Anglel, if our readers are visiting Miami, any advice on what to pack?
Keep it light.
1. Pack those slim white jeans
2. Leave the socks at home and pack some slippers or casual loafers
3. Obviously some sick colored bathing trunks.
4. A well tailored dress shirt. Add some darts in the back to eliminate some bagginess.
5. And an unconstructed sports jacket that’s either a royal blue or light brown for those evening dinners at the Forge.
Thanks, as always, for reading and special thanks to Angel for participating.
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.